The infamous Banana pancakes, the alternative to processed flour pancakes, with a banana and 2 eggs, all blended together, sometimes with a tablespoon or two of almond or coconut flour to create a thicker batter, and flavoured with vanilla extract, cinnamon, rising agent, and salt…seems like many ingredients compared with these two ingredient pancakes! Yes, the two ingredients of eggs and almond flour or coconut flour work well too, and cooked in coconut oil, which adds such a fabulous taste to these pancakes, no other seasoning is required.
This easy alternative recipe makes me think about why do we sometimes complicate cooking, when often, simple ingredients make the best tasting meals? The distinctive nutty savoury nutty taste of the ground raw cashew nuts need no seasoning – it’s a perfect tasting cashew nut crumpet or pancake, depending on the size you make it. Served with fruit (a banana hahahaha or strawberries or a berry mix), or savoury bacon [with fried banana for a more filling meal, laugh out loud :)], a touch of honey, if it is included in your meal plans, this easy recipe makes a filling pancake meal and a great breakfast option too.
1/2 Cup Raw cashews
- Grind 1/2 cup of cashews in a food processor until they form a fine flour.
- Beat the eggs in a large bowl until smooth.
- Mix the ground cashews into the beaten eggs and mix until a pancake batter forms.
- Heat a little coconut oil, butter or ghee (depending on your preference) in a frying pan or electric griddle.
- When hot, carefully drop a tablespoon of pancake batter for each pancake.
- Cook until set then flip the pancakes over and cook until both sides are golden and cooked.
- Once cooked, remove from the pan and serve as is or drizzled with honey and topped with nuts and seeds, or for a savoury pancake, serve with bacon.