3 tablespoons olive oil
2 garlic cloves, crushed or finely chopped
1 tblsp paprika
1 tsp cumin powder
Himalayan or Sea Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
300-400g lamb, cut into cubes
1 red pepper, de-seeded and cut into small squares
1 red onion, peeled and quartered
Optional: Freshly squeezed lemon or lime juice pre 0r after cooking.
- Mix the olive oil, garlic, smoked paprika, cumin, salt, and pepper together in a bowl until it turns to a paste.
- Add this paste to the cubed lamb and coat thoroughly. You will want to add this to a sealable bag or cling wrap the marinate dish, and marinate, refrigerated overnight for the lamb to soak up the flavoursome marinade
- After the lamb has marinated and and preferably the next day, preheat the oven at 180 degrees celsius.
- If using wooden skewers, soak them in water for a few minutes.
- Skewer the lamb, peppers and onions onto the skewer alternating meat and vegetables. You may use other vegetables of preference.
- Place them under the grill turning regularly until cooked. This may be made on an outdoor coal griller
- Serve with a crisp salad or other vegetable of your choice.