Being processed bread free all but 1 day since 18 July 2013, I have tried various Paleo breads over the past 6 months, with varying degrees of success, some excellent, some awful…so naturally when presented with a recipe with ingredients that looked Paleo-appealing to me, I decided to try this out and boy did it hit the spot exactly!
I made this last week but used a small round baking pan as the loaf tin that I had at the time was too large. Today I acquired a small loaf tin and it was perfect for the size of this Paleo and Paleo detox friendly loaf of bread. Special thanks to Roleen Moodley for providing me with the recipe that she sourced on the WWW.
Having tried this as an exact recipe last week, I fine tuned it a bit to get this just right and if you follow this recipe, you will indeed have success.
1 ½ cups almond flour
2 tablespoons coconut flour
¼ cup flax flour (You may grind flax seeds in a coffee grinder to make the flour)
¼ teaspoon sea salt
1 ½ teaspoons bicarbonate of soda
¼ cup coconut oil
1 tablespoon honey (Omit if following Paleo Detox)
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
Sesame seeds for topping
- Sift together almond flour, coconut flour, flax, salt and bicarbonate of soda
- Add into a food processor and Pulse ingredients together
- Thereafter, whisk together eggs, oil, (honey) and vinegar and add into the flour mix
- Pulse for about 2-3 minutes until a bread dough consistency is reached
- Pour batter into a greased small loaf tin, noting this is a sticky dough to manipulate
- Sprinke with sesame seeds
- Bake at 180° for 30 minutes
- Cool and serve and ENJOY