Prawns are always a favourite, right up there with fresh fish! Decided to make a decadently different meal today and it turned out pretty good. The preparation and cooking time was a quick 20 minutes. I used the veggies I had in my refrigerator but I’m sure this will go down well with any veggies of your choice. Chicken breast, sliced thinly for stir fry could be substituted for the prawns.
150g fresh or frozen prawns
1-2 medium baby marrow / courgettes
Mixture of 1/4 each green red and yellow peppers
2-3 green chilli’s finely chopped (optional)
Ginger paste or slivered ginger (optional)
1/2 to 1 onion finely chopped
1-2 tbslp coconut oil or Olive oil
Salt, pepper, basil and crushed garlic to taste
Fish sauce (gluten and sugar free)
Fresh coriander for garnish
- Fry the prawns for 2 minutes in coconut oil or olive oil and remove and set aside as it turns pink and begins to curl.
- Finely slice onions (and green chilli) and peppers (you may roughly chop the peppers if you prefer), add to a pan or wok on medium-high heat using the same coconut or olive oil that the prawns were fried in.
- While that cooks, wash, top and tail baby marrow and cut down the middle lengthwise into long strips and halve or quarter. Or use a vegetable peeler to make “noodles”. Add this to the pan or wok.
- Saute for 10 minutes or until almost cooked.
- Add in pre-cooked prawns.
- Add spices to taste.
- Continue cooking until prawns are heated through.
- Garnish with fresh coriander and serve immediately with a salad and / or extra veggies