I tried this recipe during my second 30 days on reboot but used coconut milk as I had no almond milk….the coconut milk gave it a sweet taste which I didn’t appreciate fully as I am not a sweet-tasting food lover. Would love to try this using almond milk!
|Credits to this picture go to Georgie
1/2 tsp garlic
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- In a food processor or blender, combine all ingredients. Process for 10-20 seconds to break up any lumps in the coconut flour. Let is sit for 10 minutes so the coconut flour hydrates.
- Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat and oil the bottom lightly with extra-virgin olive oil if the non-stick coating isn’t great. When hot, pick up the pan and pour 1/4 cup of the batter into the centre of the pan, giving the pan a tilt-rotate-jiggle action to spread the batter into a thin pancake about 8 inches or so across.
- Put the pan back on the burner and let it cook until the top of the tortilla doesn’t look shiny anymore, and is not sticky to the touch. If it feels solid enough to flip, its time to flip. If it needs another minute, give it another minute. Timing isn’t crucial.
- Use a spatula to flip it onto the other side (unless you’re a masterful pancake tosser!!!).
- Another minute of cooking, and your tortilla is done.
- I recommend removing it to a paper towel-lined plate to free up the pan for the next tortilla. Stacking the cooked tortillas on a bare plate works too, but gets some condensation moisture on the bottom to they end up a bit wet.
- Makes 6. The last tortilla might be smaller than the others if you have a little batter remaining at the end – my son had the littlee!
Nutrition Facts per tortilla: 46 calories, 0.75 grams fat, 3 grams carbohydrate, 1.7 g fiber, 4.4 g protein