This is a recipe that’s been sitting in my recipe archives, untried and untested as yet…I would go with the almond flour should I decide to try it….who knows, this recipe could appeal to you better than the cauli-crust one?
|Picture Credit goes to Paleo Mama
Toppings: home made onion and tomato sauce, veggies, meat,
- Combine all ingredients except toppings in a food processor or blender and process for 10 seconds or so. Let batter rest for 10 minutes to hydrate coconut flour.
- Heat two small non-stick pans over medium heat. (Oil the bottom lightly with extra-virgin olive oil if the nonstick coating isn’t great).
- Pour 2/3 cup batter into each pan.
- Cook over medium until the crust is solid and the bottom side is golden.
- Then use a spatula or pancake lifter to turn it over and cook a few minutes on the other side.
- Preheat oven to 180-200 degrees.
- Transfer crusts to a baking sheet lined with tin foil, and top with sauce and toppings. Make sure you use lots of garlic powder if it’s for me. And I like brinjals, mushrooms and baby marrow A LOT!
- Bake for 5-10 minutes. Since the crust is already cooked, you just want everything hot If you don’t add a lot of toppings, it’ll need only a few minutes in the oven.
Nutrition Facts: (Per crust) 139 calories, 2.2 g fat, 8.9 grams carbohydrate, 5 grams fiber, 13.2 grams protein